about MPI_Comm_size(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&size)

Chris Harden charden at scs.fsu.edu
Wed Oct 25 21:37:00 CDT 2006

Hello,

I think VC is ok for editing (maybe), but PETSc and mpich are easier
to work with in the command line. You might save yourself some
headache. Just paste your file into a plain text.cpp and put it in a
directory such as your desktop. Then cd to your desktop and compile
from the command line. I promise your life will be simpler in the
long term.

best,

Chris

On Oct 25, 2006, at 10:18 PM, Yixun Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I think that if I set -np 100, but only have 2 actually, the
> size will be 100?
> Another question,I run the progarm from VC++6.0 instead of command
> line. How to make the program run on 2 processors?
>
> Best,
>
> Yixun

Chris Harden
Graduate Assistant