Cannot install petsc on my Ubuntu

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 6 10:38:25 CDT 2006

If you are using PETSc from 'Ubuntu Synaptic Package' - then you
should follow their instructions on installing that package. I presume
this package already includes precompiled libraries.

However - if you download petsc-2.3.2 from our website - you'll need
instructions from our website.

I sugest downloading PETSc from
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/download/index.html
and following the instructions at:
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/installation.html

> ./config/configure.py --with-clanguage=cxx --with-mpi=0

Yes - this should work with our source distribution - provided you
have python,gcc,g++,g77,blas,blas-dev,lapack,lapack-dev [or equivalent
packages] already installed on your machine.

Satish