petsc-users

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 11:20:19 CST 2006

Actually, I believe that this is the wrong question. One of the
motivations behind
PETSc is the lack of any theory indicating which solver/pc performs best with
which equation/discretization. The only options is to try them all. We make this
easy. You can set -ksp_type and -pc_type from the command line. If the
combination
will not work, you jsut get an error and keep going. We usually use a
shell script for
this.

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir
Alec Guiness