PETSC's hypre version

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 3 11:34:19 CST 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Matt Funk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i downloaded hypre through PETSc (i.e. download-hypre=1). The hypre package it
> downloaded is: hypre-1.9.0b-mod
>
> I assume the 'mod' stands for modified. So i was wondering if there have been
> major changes to it or in what way it has been modified? The reason i am
> wondering is because i am thinking of trying to use hypre standalone and am
> wondering whether i can use these modified libraries?

The modifications are for the following reasons:

- cleanly build hypre with PETSc
- avoid duplication of superlu/blas stuff.

etc..

The user interface is untouched - so you should be able to use the
libraries built by PETSc. However there are newer version of hypre -
which you might want to explore [curently petsc uses hypre-1.11b, and
the latest hypre version is hypre-1.13]

Satish