simple question

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 30 10:05:46 CST 2006

You have to configure PETSc with the additional option
--with-shared=1.

This is no longer the default as sharedlibary build doesn't work
cleanly on some arches/compiler combinations. [but should work fine
with linux.

BTW: what version of PETSc are you using? linux_gnu some old
pre-configure version. In this case the targets should already be
there - and you might just need to do:

make shared

Satish