about ghosted vectors and there local representation

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:24:57 CDT 2006

In the DA we have some idea of topology, so we can make a sensible
reordered local vector. The VecGhost is a lower level construct. All it
does is maintain a vector of this form

   [ local values | ghost values ]

The update maps from local values to ghost values with a scatter. The
VecGhostGetLocalForm() just pulls out the pointer. We could add code
which maps into a different local vector using an ordering, but this can
already be done with an AO as well.

   Matt

--
"Failure has a thousand explanations. Success doesn't need one" -- Sir Alec
Guiness