New changes for CG set type in 2.3.1-p7 ?

abdul-rahman at tu-harburg.de abdul-rahman at tu-harburg.de
Tue Feb 21 09:34:38 CST 2006

Hi all,

There seems to be some changes for the CG type in PETSc 2.3.1-p7.
I can't  have -ksp_cg_symmetric anymore - it simply says:

Option left: name:-ksp_cg_symmetric no value

Hard coding into my routine does not help either:

      call KSPCGSetType( ksp, KSP_CG_SYMMETRIC, ierr )

does not show any effect. I still get CG of Hermitian type.

Are the changes documented anywhere? I cannot make much sense from the
bitkeeper history.

It works with 2.2.1 and *I think* 2.3.0 too. By the way there's a *huge*
difference in iterations between Hermitian and Symmetric types in my test
problem.

Thanks!

Razi