Spooles Cholesky problem

Stephen R Ball Stephen.R.Ball at awe.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 06:36:50 CDT 2006

Hi

When using the Spooles Cholesky solver I am getting the error:

0:[0]PETSC ERROR: MatSetValues_SeqSBAIJ() line 792 in
src/mat/impls/sbaij/seq/sbaij.c
0:[0]PETSC ERROR: !
0:[0]PETSC ERROR: Lower triangular value cannot be set for sbaij format.
Ignoring these values, run with -mat_ignore_lower_triangular or call
MatSetOption(mat,MAT_IGNORE_LOWER_TRIANGULAR)!
0:[0]PETSC ERROR: MatSetValues() line 702 in src/mat/interface/matrix.c

When I attempt to call MatSetOption(mat,MAT_IGNORE_LOWER_TRIANGULAR,ierr)
via the Fortran interface, I get the compilation error that entity
mat_ignore_lower_triangular
has undefined type. Can you tell me if this option is supported via the
Fortran interface?

Note that using runtime option  -mat_ignore_lower_triangular works, but I
would prefer to
set this option in my code using the MatSetOption() routine.

Regards

Stephen

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence. If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.  Please notify us immediately by email at admin.internet(at)awe.co.uk, and then delete this message from your computer.  While attachments are virus checked, AWE plc does not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.

AWE Plc
Registered in England and Wales
Registration No 02763902
AWE, Aldermaston, Reading, RG7 4PR