Problem in mpdboot for multi-processing

Changyeol Lee lee433 at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 23 12:18:36 CDT 2006

Hi, everyone!

I assembled a 4-node cluster consisting of 4 Intel processors.  I used Fedora
Core 4, PETSc 2.3.1  and MPICH2-1.0.3.

There is no problem in installation of PETSc and MPICH2. I also made authorized
keys of SSH for connection between nodes without asking password. I confirmed
that SSH show no asking of password between nodes.

Also, mpdboot for itself is possible like below

$ mpdboot -n 1 -f mpd.hosts
$

However, mpdboot for multi-processors is not possible by showing the error below.
Hostname of node1 is node1.cluster.net and hostname of node2 is node2.cluster.net.

$ mpdboot -n 2 -f mpd.hosts
mpdboot_node1.cluster.net (handle_mpd_output 368): failed to connect to mpd on
node2.cluster.net
$

I believe that the things such as /etc/hosts do not have problems.

Although it seems a problem of MPICH2, I would like to hear something if you
have similar experience like me.  Let me know if you have any idea.

Thank you so much!

Changyeol

Have a gneiss day!

Changyeol Lee