MatSolveTranspose

Laslo Tibor Diosady diosady at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 7 08:48:14 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use MatSolveTranspose for a sequential BAIJ format, however
whenever I call MatSolveTranspose I get a segmentation fault.

The sequence of calls which I make is:
MatILUFactorSymbolic
MatLUFactorNumeric

And I use the resulting matrix in calls to:
MatSolve and MatSolveTranspose

When I use MatSolve this works great. However, with MatSolveTranspose it
appears petsc tries to allocate memory in a never ending loop until my
machine runs out of memory and I get a seg fault.

If I do a call to MatHasOperation with this matrix the result is
Petsc_True, so in theory I think the call to MatSolveTranspose should
work.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a problem with MatSolveTranspose for
seqBAIJ matrices?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Laslo