[Petsc-trilinos-discussion] Scope and requirements

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 25 09:29:54 CST 2013

"Bartlett, Roscoe A." <bartlettra at ornl.gov> writes:
> It is just that the current approach of Hydra-TH using a different
> version of PETSc and ML from the rest of the VERA components will not
> allow them to couple in with other VERA codes.

Maintained software upgrades to follow the current version of its
libraries and environment.  We are not IBM or RedHat, and our customers
generally don't have the deep pockets required to offer full support for
ancient software versions.  Upgrading should involve few (possibly zero)
source code changes, and those should be simple.