[petsc-dev] DMPlex redistribution

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Mar 27 19:52:30 CDT 2023

hi Matt,

On 28/03/23 12:16, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> Yes, that would cause this. Your routine looks right to me, but it
> should be easy to find a problem. Put a check
> in at 3460 that h != dim, and also check that the height of
> minc_leaves(i) is not 0.

Thanks, I just tried that, and I am getting lots of both of those (h ==
dim, and height of minc_leaves(i) == 0). But I'm a little unclear about
the significance of them.

In your original message you said:

> I do not expect cells that are shared until we create an overlap.

What I'm doing is distributing the DM with overlap 1, then adding the
MINC cells etc. if needed, then redistributing (again with overlap 1).
It seems to have worked ok but could the fact that it's already been
distributed with overlap 1 be causing the error with redistribution?

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow