[petsc-dev] Make checkbadSource error

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at mcmaster.ca
Thu Oct 20 13:50:13 CDT 2022

Hi,

I am trying to run make checkbadSource on a branch ahead of a trivial MR, but get the following error message:

eduroam062-155:petsc-main $ make checkbadSource SHELL=bash
fatal: cannot use Perl-compatible regexes when not compiled with USE_LIBPCRE
fatal: cannot use Perl-compatible regexes when not compiled with USE_LIBPCRE
make[1]: [checkbadSource] Error 128 (ignored)
fatal: cannot use Perl-compatible regexes when not compiled with USE_LIBPCRE
fatal: cannot use Perl-compatible regexes when not compiled with USE_LIBPCRE
fatal: cannot use Perl-compatible regexes when not compiled with USE_LIBPCRE

It is an M1 Mac and PCRE is installed with homebrew. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Blaise

—
Canada Research Chair in Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Solid Mechanics (Tier 1)
Professor, Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Hamilton Hall room 409A, McMaster University
1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
https://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bourdin | +1 (905) 525 9140 ext. 27243