[petsc-dev] Telescope usage

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon May 16 14:54:56 CDT 2022

> On May 16, 2022, at 3:50 PM, Loic Gouarin <loic.gouarin at polytechnique.edu> wrote:
>
> Thanks Barry for your quick reply.
>
> Le 16/05/2022 à 21:41, Barry Smith a écrit :
>>
>>   Loic,
>>
>>     From your code it looks like you are using a DM. Is it a DMDA or a shell DM? If it is a DMDA then the process is intended to be pretty straightforward. PCTELESCOPE should create a new DMDA that has the same properties as the coarse grid DMDA but lives on a smaller number of ranks. From this you can just provide multiple levels of coarsening of the DMDA to produce the smaller multigrid problems.
> It's a DMDA. So what you mean is to take the KSP of PCTELESCOPE, get the DM which is the same of the coarse grid and build all the levels as previously for the levels of PCTELESCOPE ?

  Yes, I think you should be able to pull out of the coarse level PC (on the subset of ranks) a DM that and then setup coarse levels from that. But you need to look at an example that that uses telescope and probably even the telescope code itself to see all the details. I don't know them anymore.

  Barry