[petsc-dev] AIJ type question

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 16 15:26:17 CDT 2022

I have a test failing: ksp_ksp_tutorials-ex7_gamg_cuda_nsize-2 (
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/jobs/2601658676)

I have this code that I want to be true here (2 processors):

 PetscCall(PetscObjectTypeCompare((PetscObject)Gmat, MATMPIAIJ, &isMPI));

But it is returning false.  Should I have a CompareAny here or something
else?

ksp_ksp_tutorials-ex7_gamg_cuda_nsize-1 does seem to work and passes this
test:

PetscCall(PetscObjectBaseTypeCompare((PetscObject)cMat,MATSEQAIJ,&isAIJ));
      PetscCheck(isAIJ,PETSC_COMM_SELF,PETSC_ERR_USER,"Require AIJ
matrix.");

Seems inconsistent.

Thanks
Mark