[petsc-dev] Hiptmair--Xu as PCCOMPOSITE

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 7 10:36:42 CDT 2022

ML has/had a method derived from Hiptmair in AMG but we don't have an
interface to it and ML is in a funny state wrt PETSc.

Manteuffel, et al, preferred to avoid all the projecting back and forth,
which always looked fragile to me in an AMG context, and step on the null
space of each element with a Vanka like (PCPATCH) smoother.
Brute force.
This was work about 15 years ago.
PETSc may have all the basic components to do this but I never looked at
this work carefully.