[petsc-dev] Kokkos/Crusher perforance

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:06:39 CST 2022

Also, do you guys have an OLCF liaison? That's actually your better bet if
you do.

Performance issues with ROCm/Kokkos are pretty common in apps besides just
PETSc. We have several teams actively working on rectifying this. However,
I think performance issues can be quicker to identify if we had a more
"official" and reproducible PETSc GPU benchmark, which I've already
expressed to some folks in this thread, and as others already commented on
the difficulty of such a task. Hopefully I will have more time soon to
illustrate what I am thinking.