[petsc-dev] Kokkos/Crusher perforance

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Jan 22 11:15:56 CST 2022

Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> writes:

> as far as streams, does it know to run on the GPU? You don't specify
> something like -G 1 here for GPUs. I think you just get them all.

No, this isn't GPU code. BabelStream is a common STREAM suite for different programming models, though I think it doesn't support MPI with GPUs and thus isn't really useful. The code is pretty vanilla.

https://github.com/UoB-HPC/BabelStream

It's very similar to "nstream" in Jeff's PRK

https://github.com/ParRes/Kernels

Code is vanilla so I'd expect the results to be much like the corresponding Vec operations.

Barry, when you did the tech reports, did you make an example to reproduce on other architectures? Like, run this one example (it'll run all the benchmarks across different sizes) and then run this script on the output to make all the figures?