[petsc-dev] CHKERRQ vs PetscCall for Fortran? Which is the future?

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:52:21 CDT 2022

Hi Glenn,

`PetscCall()` is the future, apologies for the confusion.

`CHKERRQ()` was mistakenly deleted from the fortran include files but exists for backwards-compatibility only.

Unlike “normal” changes we opted not to formally deprecate `CHKERRQ()` and friends (complete with compiler warnings) since they are so widely used.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)