[petsc-dev] CHKERRQ vs PetscCall for Fortran? Which is the future?

Hammond, Glenn E glenn.hammond at pnnl.gov
Tue Apr 26 17:36:36 CDT 2022

PETSc,

I see that CHKERRQ is back in the Fortran interface after 3.17.1.  Will CHKERRQ be removed in the future?  I just wrote a script to refactor PFLOTRAN [CHKERRQ() -> PetscCall()], and I want to know which direction to head before asking everything to check in all their dev branches.  If CHKERRQ() is available with Fortran for the future, I will abandon the script and leave the devs alone.

Thanks,

Glenn