[petsc-dev] C++ and hypre long long int vs PETSc int64_t for 64 bit integer builds

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Apr 13 09:13:09 CDT 2022

C/C++ integer hierarchy was a mistake, with the language-specified types overlapping and the size-specific (int64_t) being typedefs. So long is "different" from long long even if they're both 64-bit signed integers.

I think they should test that sizeof(HYPRE_Int) == sizeof(PetscInt), but not that they're "the same". They might still need some casts depending on usage.