[petsc-dev] Anyone run STREAMS on an Apple M1 system?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Oct 18 15:48:40 CDT 2021

I don't have one, but this suggests it gets about 40 GB/s and can be saturated by a single core. I believe it uses two channels of LPDDR4X-4266, which has a theoretical peak of 68 GB/s.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v3/cpu/8931693

The press release claims up to 400 GB/s on the Max using DDR5. I assume that's calculated based on 8 channels of LPDDR5-6400, which seems like a surprisingly big step and I'm skeptical of what will actually be realized.