[petsc-dev] I am getting this error ...

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Mon Nov 8 14:17:45 CST 2021

Yea, Junchao and I got this from NERSc within hours of each other.
But, I was given NULL and I told them so.
I got this response today. (*emphasis added*)
Mark

Yeah I am aware where that information came from in the NUG slack channel,
ideally you just want to set it to NULL, you can use host for other
purposes (like disabling offload on A100s in PrgEnv-Cray) but I wouldn't do
it in your case for PrgEnv-nvidia -- *please tell them to do the same* (it
will work, but it's not recommended for this case).

Thanks,
Ronnie