[petsc-dev] mpi.mod --with-fortran-interfaces=0

Pierre Jolivet pierre at joliv.et
Wed Mar 24 09:00:56 CDT 2021

> On 24 Mar 2021, at 2:55 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:37 AM Pierre Jolivet <pierre at joliv.et <mailto:pierre at joliv.et>> wrote:
> Hello,
> It seems mpi.mod is now mandatory https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/commit/68bd534a466d12bdec28b4c298b715271ec2dd31 <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/commit/68bd534a466d12bdec28b4c298b715271ec2dd31>.
> mpi.mod is not shipped by MS-MPI.
> I want to build MUMPS through PETSc and don’t really care about the Fortran PETSc interface on our Windows boxes (--with-fortran-interfaces=0).
>
> I think you want --with-fc=0, which should turn off this check.

No, I have gfortran, I want to compile MUMPS with PETSc, that won’t work --with-fc=0.
Also, the error message in the configure is wrong, it should read "PETSc Fortran bindings” (not “fortran interface”), and in my email, one should replace --with-fortran-interfaces by --with-fortran-bindings, sorry about that.
I guess there is a missing check before raise RuntimeError('mpi.mod not found! PETSc fortran interface requires a working mpi.mod'), like if self.argDB['with-fortran-interfaces']
But I don’t know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Pierre