[petsc-dev] Tight deadline. Preparation of white paper on PETSc Community Development, invitation to join. Due June 18, 2021

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Sun Jun 6 22:12:26 CDT 2021

An announcement of the Collegeville Scientific Computing Software Teams workshop  https://collegeville.github.io/CW21/ <https://collegeville.github.io/CW21/> has recently appeared.

For the development of a PETSc community white paper submission for workshop, I have created an empty Overleaf document https://www.overleaf.com/read/xbgxvzydzynp.

Everyone is welcome to help develop the white paper and presentation. Please email me your Overleaf email address if you are interested. I do not think Overleaf has yet a mechanism to request access directly from the URL.

Deadlines, white paper June 18. Recorded presentation July 9.

 Please use the Overleaf comment feature and the text in the document for all discussion of the text. If that does not serve our communication purposes we can add a dedicated Slack channel for discussion of the white paper. We will have a zoom meeting the week of June 6th to discuss possible content. Please add your availability to the document.

Additional white paper submissions are also possible for those interested in focusing on specific aspects of the team development of scientific software.

There is a possibility of expanding the accepted white papers at a later date for submission to a Journal.