[petsc-dev] Questions around benchmarking and data loading with PETSc

Rohan Yadav rohany at alumni.cmu.edu
Sun Dec 12 10:48:15 CST 2021

FWIW, the real benefits of TACO come from generating code that contracts
higher order sparse tensors, which are difficult to code by hand and
unlikely to be a kernel in a hand-tuned library. The "novel compiler
techniques" mentioned on the website enable the compiler to reason about
co-iteration through multiple sparse tensors at a time.

Rohan