[petsc-dev] Statistics on the popularity of PETSc

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 17 09:34:18 CDT 2020

On , 2020Sep17, at 09:13, Jacob Faibussowitsch <jacob.fai at gmail.com<mailto:jacob.fai at gmail.com>> wrote:

Victor - Does this count the number of users who simply loaded the module? Or users who submitted a job using the petsc module (if that’s even tracked?).

The latter. It tracks what modules are loaded when a batch job starts. That’s not entirely the same as PETSc actually being used but I guess it’s a pretty close proxy.

We track a whole bunch of statistics on batch jobs. (Including hardware performance counters on processors, network, file system. One snapshot per 30 minutes, so it doesn’t interfere too much.) I don’t think we track anything about interactive loading of modules.

Btw, almost 1000 unique users over the lifetime of the database, which goes back to petsc 3.4, whenever that was.

Victor.