[petsc-dev] Updated material on creating merge requests and testing for PETSc

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Sat Oct 17 00:27:05 CDT 2020

  I have completed updating the material on creating merge requests, testing, and reviewing merge requests for PETSc that I presented on Thursday.

It can be found at

https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/merge_requests/3356 <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/merge_requests/3356>  and https://docs.petsc.org/en/barry-2020-10-14-docs-integration/developers/integration/ <https://docs.petsc.org/en/barry-2020-10-14-docs-integration/developers/integration/>

I have tried to incorporate everyone's feedbacks but there are sure to be missing items and mistakes.

Having this be complete, concise, correct, and clear is very important for all new developers as well as current developers so please take a look at it and help improve it. Think of all the pain each of you went through (I did as well) trying to scrap together your understanding of the process over the last year, hopefully we can remove most of the pain for future people.

  Thanks