[petsc-dev] Prediscusion of appropriate communication tool for discussion of PETSc 4 aka the Grand Refactorization

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Jun 18 23:48:53 CDT 2020

I would prefer this mailing list or GitLab issues because they are

1. genuinely open to external participants,
2. more async-friendly for those in different timezones and folks with young kids, and
3. searchable and externally linkable (e.g., from merge requests and issues)

If we need synchronous breakouts, we could do so, but there should be a summary back for those who couldn't participate synchronously.