[petsc-dev] ASM for each field solve on GPUs

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 30 22:14:54 CST 2020

For the near future I am going to be driving this with multiple MPI
processes per GPU and the LU factorizations are the big problem. I can use
the existing serial ASM solver that would call cuSparse from each MPI
process. So that will run as is. That is what I need for a paper, LU
factorization on the GPU and splitting these 10 solve off for SuperLU is
the first step.

A user however may not want to run with 7 MPI processes per GPU (on Summit)
so in that case some sort of asynchronous thing will be needed. But that is
later. A code that I work with uses Kokkos and they use OpenMP to drive
asynchronous GPU processes.