[petsc-dev] Users manual update

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Aug 25 08:59:39 CDT 2020

  Aren't we likely to keep using sowing to generate the manual pages and then our own scripts to clean them up and add the links for source code HTML etc? But use Sphinx for the users manual and all web pages we maintain ourselves, FAQ etc?

  So we will always have two "build" parts for documentation and need to coordinate them?

  Or do you have a plan to generate the manual pages with some other tool?  I don't think that is possible. BTW: I am updating the generation/processing of the manual pages in barry/2020-07-07/docs-no-makefiles  It should be much faster once several rounds of refactorization are done and will not require all the SOURCEC EXAMPLESC stuff in the makefiles anymore.

  Barry