[petsc-dev] Getting Petsc memory in use over time

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:59:51 CDT 2020

>  but it does report the peak usage.

On default -log_view? Or is it another option? I have always been using the below from -log_view, I always thought it was total memory usage.

Memory usage is given in bytes:

Object Type          Creations   Destructions     Memory  Descendants' Mem.
Reports information only for process 0.

--- Event Stage 0: Main Stage

         Matrix                    11             11        38060     0.
         Vec Scatter             3              3         2400       0.
         Vector                     6              6         9776       0.
         Index Set              12             12        10776     0.
         Star Forest Graph   3              3         3360       0.
         Viewer                     4              3         2520       0.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)
Cell: (312) 694-3391