[petsc-dev] PETSc release testing and schedule

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 22 20:57:24 CDT 2019

  Petsc-developers,

We are planning on a PETSc release for Sunday Sept 29 (about 5 pm CST)

For this - we'll have a feature freeze (on merges) on Tuesday Sept 24th (about 5 pm CST]

 After this time we will be accepting only bug fix/doc fix MR. Any unfinished MR in the gitlab site will remain there until the release testing is complete.

You are welcome to continue to submit new MR and use the Pipeline testing mechanism during this time but please make sure your MR states clearly  if it is a fix for the release and if you notice the pipeline is busy don't use it for non-bug-fix testing.

It would be great if everyone can test their usage of PETSc in all their codes and report any issues during this time. When possible please provide a run-able example that demonstrates the bug so we can reproduce it and test the fix on all systems with the test case. This is a great time to submit MR on all the documentation problems with fixes you have found including spelling mistakes, missing cross-links between manual pages, unclear text etc.

thanks,

   Satish and Barry