[petsc-dev] note on submiting gitlab pipelines

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 31 08:47:57 CDT 2019

Just a reminder:

We've had regular changes to CI - [.gitlab-ci.yaml] - so its generally
a good idea to rebase branches to latest maint/master before starting
any new test pipeline.

One can always check if .gitlab-ci.yaml was updated with:

git fetch
git log my-branch..master .gitlab-ci.yaml

[even without an updated .gitlab-ci.yaml - a rebase generally helps
with better usage of package cache for the builds - thus reducing
rebuilds of external-packages]

Satish