[petsc-dev] Right-preconditioned GMRES

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 13 13:16:30 CDT 2019

  Is this one process with one subdomain? (And hence no meaningful overlap since there is nothing to overlap?) And you expect to get the "exact" answer on one iteration?

  Please run the right preconditioned GMRES with -pc_asm_type [restrict and basic and none]  -ksp_monitor_true_solution  and send the output for the three cases.

  For kicks you can also try FGMRES (which always uses right preconditioning) to see if the same problem appears.

  Barry