[petsc-dev] PetscFV

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Wed May 15 00:48:42 CDT 2019

Further to this, I think I'm a bit confused about using PetscFV to set
up the data layout (as seems to be done in the TS ex11 example), vs.
doing it by creating a section using DMPlexCreateSection() and then
DMSetSection().

If you do it using PetscFV, as in TS ex11, there seems to be no need to
create a section explicitly.

If you do it using by creating a section, is there still any need to set
up the PetscFV? I seem to recall trying taking the PetscFV stuff out of
my code and finding that it didn't work properly without it. It seems
PetscFV does some other things besides setting up a data layout, but if
so I am unclear as to what they are.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher