[petsc-dev] Is there a good reason that BuildSystem's cuda.py requires GNU compilers?

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 14 02:16:47 CDT 2019

Hi Richard,

the check for the GNU compilers is mostly a historic relic. We haven't
done any systematic tests with other compilers, so that test has just
remained in place.

It would certainly be good if you could update the check to also work
well with the default environment on Summit.

Thanks and best regards,
Karli