[petsc-dev] PETSc release by March 29, 2019

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 5 10:21:48 CST 2019

Dear PETSc developers,

let me suggest Friday, March 22, as the cut-off-date for new Pull
Requests for the upcoming release. This allows for 7 days to iron out
any remaining glitches. (It only took us a few days to release after the
cut-off date last September, so this should be fine)

Also, a clearly communicated cut-off date helps to prevent "may I also
squeeze this in at the very last minute"-PRs, which I may not have the
time to deal with anyway.

Satish, does the above schedule work for you? Since you're creating the
tarballs, you've got the final word on this :-)

Best regards,
Karli