[petsc-dev] KSPMonitor and petsc4py

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:57:42 CST 2019

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 at 09:20, Smith, Barry F. <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    By golly you are right,
>
>    I don't know how we got to the model where each implementation
> independently sets it to 0. Instead of a universal one. Minimizing code, of
> course, seems to point to a single location where it is set to zero.

If you are planning to fix it, please consider what to do with ksp->rnorm,
and also think about SNES.

PS: BTW, I have a bunch of custom routines in petsc4py, should any of them
be added to PETSc?
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/src/master/src/libpetsc4py/custom.h
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc4py/src/master/src/include/custom.h

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459