[petsc-dev] alternatives to cygwin on Windows with PETSc

Smith, Barry F. bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 2 14:21:14 CDT 2019

> On Jul 2, 2019, at 9:57 AM, JR Cary via petsc-dev <petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

    The only way that we current support this is with the cygwin install process.

    I added some notes (from Satish) on the difficulties of getting a pure Windows compiler build using the other systems. See the bottom of https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-requests/1836/installationhtml-edited-online-with/diff Not necessarily impossible but someone would have to sit down and work through it.  It is basically because of the different way the Microsoft developer tools handle paths and command line options.

  Barry