[petsc-dev] Is master broken?

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 12 08:48:44 CDT 2019

Hi Mark,

most of the CUDA-related fixes from your PR are now in master. Thank you!

The pinning of GPU-matrices to CPUs is not in master because it had
several issues:

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-requests/1954/cuda-fixes-to-pinning-onto-cpu/diff

The ViennaCL-related changes in mark/gamg-fix-viennacl-rebased can be
safely discarded as the new GPU wrapper will come in place over the next
days. ex56 has not been pulled over as it's not running properly on GPUs
yet (the pinning in your branch effectively turned GPU matrices into
normal PETSc matrices, effectively running (almost) everything on the
CPU again)

So at this point I recommend to start a new branch off master and
manually transfer over any bits from the pinning that you want to keep.

Best regards,
Karli