[petsc-dev] ISLocalToGlobalMappingGetInfo

Pierre Jolivet pierre.jolivet at enseeiht.fr
Thu Aug 8 09:39:48 CDT 2019

Hello,
When I use ISLocalToGlobalMappingGetInfo, e.g., in src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex71.c ISLocalToGlobalMappingGetInfo(map, &nproc, &procs, &numprocs, &indices), I get the following value for nproc:
- with 1 process: 0
- with 2 processes: 2
In the source code, it says that nproc is the “number of processors that are connected to this one”.
How come this value is equal to the size of the global communicator when using 2 processes?
According to the comment in the source code, shouldn’t the returned value be 1?

Thanks,
Pierre