[petsc-dev] Fwd: [firedrake] Dockerised build tests.

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Apr 11 15:27:06 CDT 2019

You mean using it for all the dependencies?  Most commits don't change
anything in the config/ tree, so we don't need to re-run configure.  But
they do generally change the source so we'd still need to build PETSc.
We could set up caching to only rebuild what is needed, but the details
of the caching would be specific to the environment we're running in
(currently a mix of Satish's cron jobs and Jenkins).

I've been experimenting with GitLab-CI recently, which would be another
option (much less resource-hungry and click-around-configuration-heavy
than Jenkins).  (GitLab-CI works with repositories not hosted at GitLab,
though the PR integration and related features are much better when
hosted on GitLab.)