[petsc-dev] Add dependency to configure

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 05:36:26 CDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 6:22 AM Marek Pecha <marek.pecha at vsb.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work on clustering framework uses PETSc. Basically, I would like to use
> this framework for segmentation images. So, I had idea - implement viewer
> for loading images (JPEG,TIFF, etc) into PETSc. For this purpose, I would
> like to add OpenCV dependency to PETSc configure. But I have no idea, how
> can I do it. Can you help me?

Yes. I recommend the following:

  1) Determine how OpenCV builds, namely GNU or CMake. There is a lot of
documentation of these classes, for example

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/src/b55713d40e38bd17e2dd98e82adf6c653b648f33/config/BuildSystem/config/package.py#lines-960

  2) Find a package with similar checks in

  $PETSC_DIR/config/BuildSystem/config/packages

  3) Copy that module to opencv.py, make your changes, and leave it in the
directory

  4) Configure should automatically pick it up

  5) Once everything works, make a PR for that and we will incorporate it