[petsc-dev] Error running on Titan with GPUs & GNU

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 2 13:03:12 CDT 2018

FYI, I seem to have the new GPU machine at ORNL (summitdev) working with
GPUs. That is good enough for now.
Thanks,

14:00 master= ~/petsc/src/snes/examples/tutorials$ jsrun -n 1 ./ex19
-dm_vec_type cuda -dm_mat_type aijcusparse -pc_type none -ksp_type fgmres
-snes_monitor_short -snes_rtol 1.e-5 -ksp_view
lid velocity = 0.0625, prandtl # = 1., grashof # = 1.
  0 SNES Function norm 0.239155
KSP Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: fgmres
    restart=30, using Classical (unmodified) Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization
with no iterative refinement
    happy breakdown tolerance 1e-30
  maximum iterations=10000, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=1e-05, absolute=1e-50, divergence=10000.
  right preconditioning
  using UNPRECONDITIONED norm type for convergence test
PC Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: none
  linear system matrix = precond matrix:
  Mat Object: 1 MPI processes
    type: seqaijcusparse
    rows=64, cols=64, bs=4
    total: nonzeros=1024, allocated nonzeros=1024
    total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
      using I-node routines: found 16 nodes, limit used is 5
  1 SNES Function norm 6.82338e-05
KSP Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: fgmres
    restart=30, using Classical (unmodified) Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization
with no iterative refinement
    happy breakdown tolerance 1e-30
  maximum iterations=10000, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=1e-05, absolute=1e-50, divergence=10000.
  right preconditioning
  using UNPRECONDITIONED norm type for convergence test
PC Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: none
  linear system matrix = precond matrix:
  Mat Object: 1 MPI processes
    type: seqaijcusparse
    rows=64, cols=64, bs=4
    total: nonzeros=1024, allocated nonzeros=1024
    total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
      using I-node routines: found 16 nodes, limit used is 5
  2 SNES Function norm 3.346e-10
Number of SNES iterations = 2
14:01 master= ~/petsc/src/snes/examples/tutorials$