[petsc-dev] MPI I/O tests failing in master after merging my branch

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:15:04 CDT 2018

On 22 March 2018 at 12:51, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 3:44 AM, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2018/03/21/examples_master_arch-linux-cxx-cmplx-pkgs-64idx_churn.log
>>
>> The thing is, PETSc does not currently have a way of mapping a plain C
>> `int` type to a PETSc datatype. I'm wiling to take the required work
>> to fix this issue.
>

> Is this not what PetscMPIInt is for?

No, not at all, PetscMPIInt it not even mentioned in the PetscDatatype
enumeration. The whole PetscDatatype this is kind of messy, and fixing
it should take some time, and this for sure will no make my h-index
explode, right?. For now, mapping MPI_INT -> PETSC_ENUM seems
workaround the issue just fine.

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 0109
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459