[petsc-dev] plans for preconditioners for SeqSELL

Zhang, Hong hongzhang at anl.gov
Mon Jun 25 16:52:29 CDT 2018

On Jun 25, 2018, at 4:09 PM, Mills, Richard Tran <rtmills at anl.gov<mailto:rtmills at anl.gov>> wrote:

Hi Hong,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was just looking at what goes on in MatConvert_Basic() and I see the problem. I note that my AIJSELL code seems to always work correctly when the matrix block size is one -- I guess that this is because MatSeqSELLSetPreallocation() is called in this case.

Are you saying that the

if (A->rmap->bs > 1) {
ierr = MatConvert_Basic(A,newtype,reuse,newmat);CHKERRQ(ierr);
PetscFunctionReturn(0);
}

lines in sell.c should be removed and then things should work?

If your conversion function for AIJSELL calls MatConvert_SeqAIJ_SeqSELL(), then yes. Otherwise you might want to copy some code from the link I attached (sell.c).

If so, I'll remove this, test on my machine, and then merge this change into 'next'. Or is more code needed to make SELL work properly with a block size > 1?

I don't think we need more code.

Thanks,
Hong (Mr.)

--Richard