[petsc-dev] PETSc 3.10: September 4, 2018, is the cutoff-date for new features

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 26 19:41:50 CDT 2018

Dear PETSc developers,

in order to ensure a PETSc 3.10 release no later than by the end of
September (possibly earlier), we agreed on September 4, 2018, as the
cut-off date for new features. Please make sure that a pull request has
been opened on Bitbucket by this time. This is the preferred model over
merging to next directly, since our Jenkins test infrastructure will
test each PR separately (thus providing faster feedback and thus allow
for faster integration).

And while we are at it: Please keep in mind that new features also
require appropriate documentation. :-)

Thanks and best regards,
Karli