[petsc-dev] Could we replace SNESTestJacobian() in maint with that in master?

Kong, Fande fande.kong at inl.gov
Wed Jul 18 16:51:37 CDT 2018

Hi Developers,

It looks like SNESTestJacobian() in master is more reliable than that in
maint.  Especially, the petsc options name is changed. For example, from
"-snes_test_jacobian_display" to "-snes_test_jacobian_view".

There are some MOOSE tests that fail with the maint version of
SNESTestJacobian(), but they are just fine with the master version of
SNESTestJacobian().

What is the release date for PETSc-3.10.x? I could just skip PETSc-3.9.x,
if we would have the next release soon.

Thanks,

Fande,