[petsc-dev] CUDA white paper of interest

Karl Rupp rupp at iue.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 14 21:22:44 CST 2018

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your message and the pointer.

The incomplete factorizations have been around for a while, and with
recent hardware they tend to be less competitive (note that they use a
Tesla 2050 in their benchmarks, which is ~7 years old).

The fine-grained parallel version here:
  http://epubs.siam.org/doi/abs/10.1137/140968896
is an attractive alternative (and available in the master-branch of
PETSc through ViennaCL), yet it also has drawbacks.

Best regards,
Karli